The No Socks Day Tweet Post (http://law2sm.com/in-honor-of-no-socks-day-10-sock-tweets-may-8/) was a lot of fun and got a lot of laughs and comments. So I have decided to do it again in honor of The Power of a Smile Day, June 15, 2012. Here are my top ten smile reflections. Tweet them on. Can you add another?
- A smile is contagious. Try one on for size, look at another person and see what happens. It is a no-cost way to positively impact a room.
- Smiles are powerful health remedies – they lower your blood pressure, relieve stress, release endorphins to fight pain, boost immune system.
- Smiles are powerful success agents – they make us feel more confident, and those who smile are more likely to get promoted or get the client
- Smiles are powerful ambassadors to others – it makes them feel acknowledged, appreciated, and welcome in any language and in any country.
- Smiles are powerful nerve relaxers – new situations, amid foreign circumstances, about to do something new? Smile and they will smile back.
- “You make me mile like the sun, fall outta bed, sing like a bird, dizzy in my head…” Uncle Cracker: I dare u NOT to smile while listening
- Remember Nat King Cole “You’ll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile…” the world is beautiful and make it more so – SMILE!
- Some people’s smiles are hidden and need help to reveal their shine – http://www.operationsmile.org/ Cleft lips can be cured – children need to smile
- Oct 5, 2012,1st Friday, is World Smile Day, http://www.worldsmileday.com/, founded by Harvey Ball, the artist creator of the “smiley” face in 1963.
- The Basics: How to Smile? http://www.wikihow.com/Smile Make it genuine and practice often. Advanced: smile with your eyes. Can you, huh, can you?
Legal side of things: Remember to always ask permission before taking a photo of someone. You need permission to take the photo and then sometimes you need special permission for how you want to use it – for example on your social media accounts or your business website. Releases, waivers, and consent forms are important – especially if the photo subject is a minor. OK, enough of the “dark” side – SMILE!
STICKERS: As an added bonus just click and print out the Smile Day stickers and share with your friends, colleagues, and others.