“Strategic, focused, creative” are three words used to describe Deborah Gonzalez’s approach to the effective protection and enhancement of assets for her clients.
Deborah Gonzalez, Esq. is an attorney whose legal practice focuses on art, music, entertainment, digital, and social and online law. She obtained her JD from New York Law School and is licensed to practice in both New York and Georgia. Clients include museums, galleries, artists and art professionals, animators, film-makers, musicians and music professionals, authors, and various other creative professionals.
Deborah was a past-President of the Georgia Music Industry Association and a former board member of Women in Film & Television Atlanta. She is also a member of the Georgia Production Partnership, Women in Animation, and the Entertainment Law section of the GA State Bar Association. Deborah’s pro bono activities include a music law clinic and workshops for visual artists through the Binders Art School and TBBCATL. She speaks at various industry conferences around the world, such as SEIGE CON and SIAF, on legal issues and concerns for artists of all genres.
Deborah is a renaissance professional with over 20+ years of experience in corporate business consulting and training, including international projects in Europe, South America, and Asia Pacific focusing on intellectual property, marketing, leadership development, and technology transfer. This combination of knowledge and experience has lead to the cultivation of a network of resources and global contacts for the benefit of her clients.
Deborah has designed and created unique training and curriculum for members of the arts and entertainment industries (including artists, musicians, producers, and digital creators), business professionals, and international diplomats. Programs such as digital rights in the online world (for the artistic community as well as higher education), diplomacy and international relations, and economic and community development programs in the entertainment industries, are just a few.
Deborah is also the author of “Online Security for the Business Traveler” and “Managing Online Risk: Apps, Mobile and Social Media Security” published by Elsevier, Butterworth-Heinenman, 2014.
Deborah continues to work on international projects in South America, India, Thailand, Fiji, Eastern and Western Europe, and others.
Deborah is a trained mediator, domestic and international; and a strategic planning specialist.
Atlanta – New York
- New York Law School, New York, New York, 1997, J.D. Cum Laude
- Metropolitan College of New York, New York, New York, 1994, B.S. in Business, with Honors
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Georgia (Entertainment & Sports Law Section)
- New York State Bar Association
- Women in Film & Television ATL, former Board Member
- Georgia Lawyers for the Arts
- Georgia Music Industry Association, Past-President
- Georgia Game Developers Association, Legal Maven
- Gwinnett Digital Technology & Entertainment Task Force, Past-Member
Past Employment Positions:
- Puerto Rican Defense and Education Fund, NY 1998
- Boutique Practice of Arts & Entertainment and Intellectual Property, NY 1999-2008
- University of Georgia, Fellow and Senior Scholar, 2007-2009
- University of Georgia Board of Regents, Fellow, 2008
- Timmons, Warnes & Associates, Of Counsel, 2010-2011
- Digital Risk & Compliance Partners, DigitalRCP
- Social Media Legal Consulting at Law2sm, LLC
- Managing Online Risk: Apps, Mobile & Social Media Security
- The Internet of Unintended Consequences, IoUC